Learn How to Draw a Dog
Drawing a dog could be easy for some artists, but perhaps not for others and more so if you are a beginner and are looking for a very specific tutorial that helps you practice to learn to draw not only a dog, but any animal.
Today, I will teach you how to draw a dog in a few steps, so that you can practice over and over again until you perfect it. Likewise, I will be making more post about how to draw those popular animals since I think that knowing that is something basic in drawing.
How to Draw an Easy Dog
- We are going to draw some guidelines as well as when we are going to draw a human face, only this time, you will make it a trunk, a muzzle and large ears. Then I show you in detail in the image:
- Once you get to this step, you will almost have the dog’s face ready, you must add a large snout and some standard-size eyes. One tip that I can give you is that the eyes should be smaller than its muzzle.
- Once you have the sketch of the face, you will proceed to make details in the eyes, muzzle and fur. One recommendation that I can give you is that for the fur use a graphite or colored pencil and make short lines (simulating the fur) very soft and clear as a base.
- Ready, with this you will have the face of a canine made in 4 simple steps.
How to Draw an Easy Puppy
- We are going to make a sketch simply with circles and oval shapes. From there, you will draw the details that a puppy normally has-
- As you can see in the image above, use only non-uniform circles and rectangles . Now the puppy you draw is almost ready in these 4 steps that are really only 2. In one step you make the head and in the other step the full body.
- Now, from those lines we will make the details to say finally that you have drawn a dog in a few minutes.
- Ready, you will have your final drawing of a puppy in cartoon style. To make it more fun and lively by adding the colors you want since it is a little comic dog (so to speak). In this case I did it this way: