How to copy and paste on chromebook
You can copy and paste on Chromebooks just like on other computers.
This can be achieved with both key combinations, where you press specific sets of keys together and through the context menu you get when you right-click on things like web pages. If you have a Chromebook with a touchscreen, or if your Chromebook doesn’t have a right touchpad button, you can still copy and paste.
How to select and copy text on a Chromebook
Copying and pasting text selections on a Chromebook is a breeze. First, you need to find the text you want to copy and then select it. With the text selected, you can copy it with a key combination or by right-clicking.
Here’s how to copy and paste a selection of text on a Chromebook using the right-click method:
- Find a text that you would like to copy. The text can be on a web page, in an email, or in any other document that allows you to select text.
- Left click The left edge of the text you want to select.
- Note : If your touchpad has only one button or all touchpad clicks, it is a left click by default.
- With the left touchpad button held down, drag the cursor on the screen to the right until you have selected the relevant text.
- With the text selected, right-click anywhere in the selection.
- Note : If your trackpad doesn’t have a right mouse button, hold down Alt while clicking. You can also touch the touchpad with two fingers instead of one to right-click. To right-click on a touch screen, hold your finger on the screen instead of touching it.
- Select Copy .
- Open the application in which you want to paste the text. This could be an email, a Google Docs file, or anything else that allows you to paste text.
- Right mouse button Where you want to paste the text.
- Select Paste
How to copy and paste on chromebook using a keyboard shortcut
In addition to the context menu, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste text on a Chromebook. These are actually the same standard shortcuts used on Windows computers, making them easy to remember.
Here are the keyboard shortcuts for copying and pasting on a Chromebook:
- press Ctrl + C copy
- press Ctrl + V paste
Tip: It’s easy to remember Ctrl + C since the C stands for copy. Ctrl + V may be harder to remember, but it can be helpful to think of the V as representing Velcro. This command cannot use Ctrl + P because it is used for printing.
Copying an entire web page or document
Old-fashioned copying text selection isn’t that difficult, but it can be problematic if you want to select an entire web page or document, especially if you need to scroll to see everything. Doing so may take a long time, or scrolling may cancel your selection.
If you want to quickly select an entire web page or document, here is the key combination:
- press Ctrl + A to select all
With the text selected, you can copy it with the context menu by right-clicking or using the Ctrl + C shortcut to copy the whole thing.
How to copy images from web pages
Text is not the only thing you can copy on a Chromebook. If you see an image that you like, you can use the right-click context menu to save it, or you can copy and paste it into an image-editing application. This allows you to modify the image any way you want before sharing it.
Here’s how you can copy an image to a Chromebook:
- Locate an image that you would like to copy.
- Right-click the image, or hold Alt + Left Click .
- Select copy image .
- Open an image editing application and create a new image.
- press Ctrl + V to paste the image.
How to copy and paste on chromebook (VIDEOS)
You can’t copy a video on a Chromebook in the same way that you can copy images, but you can copy the URL. The URL of a video is the link that you can share with other people so that they can also watch the video, so it is very useful if you find a video that you would like to share. How to copy and paste on chromebook
To copy a video link on a Chromebook:
- Locate a video that you want to share.
- Right mouse button on the video, or hold Alt + Left Click .
- Select Copy video URL .
- Open the application where you want to paste the video link. This could be an email, a messaging app, or any other app that allows you to paste text.
- Right mouse button where you want to paste the link, or hold Alt + Left Click .
- Select Paste .
Note(step 3) : Select Copy current video url to get a share link that will allow your friends to start the video at that specific point. This is useful if a video takes a while to start, or if you want to share an especially fun or interesting moment.